Doing What’s Needed
Recognizing the enormity of the challenges our youths face, Beatitudes Youth Mentoring Mission is dedicated to making a lasting impact through our campaigns and programs. While our efforts are driven by our organization’s singular focus, we spread a wide net by investing in a variety of progressive strategies. In order to achieve program goals, our programs focus on the following core aspects:
1. Youth Mentoring: We strive to assist youth in further developing their daily life skills, such as self-confidence, self-esteem, academic excellence, and moral values.
2. Peer Leadership: According to the National Alliance of Secondary Education, youth leadership is a process that support's a young person's ability to analyze his or her own weaknesses, set personal and vocational goals, and have self-esteem, motivation, and confidence to carry it out. We aim to assist youth in being confident, self-assured leaders.
3. Youth Advocacy: acting in the best interest of youth in all aspects. The overall purpose is to ensure that youth maintain their human rights while assisting in skill development in all areas of life such as education, health, housing, employment, relationships, etc.
4. Youth Development: the process that prepares a young person to meet the challenges of adolescence and adulthood and achieve his or her full potential. Youth development is promoted through activities and experiences that help youth develop social, ethical, emotional, physical, and cognitive competencies.
5. Basic Job skills: We will discuss ways to communicate effectively, work as a team, logically solve problems, and be reliable and trust worthy.
6. Character building: We will promote efforts that improves a youth's character. Character building enables youth to know themselves better and help them figure out their innate skills and motivation.
7. Community awareness: We will discuss social norms and roles within the community as well as issues that effect the community.
8. Community responsibility: We all have a role to play and a responsibility as a community citizen. Youth will actively engage in activities that promote cooperation, respect, and participation in activities that will help grow the community in a positive way.
9. Volunteerism: Youth will be offered opportunities to participate in community service with local organizations in need of volunteer support.
10. Tutoring: Youth who participate in our programs will be offered free tutoring. Starting January 19, 2021, tutoring sessions will be held twice a week and may meet at the local library, at our office, or even virtually.
11. Charity and kindness: charity is the act of kindness or goodwill to those in need, or a voluntary gift of money or time to those in need. We seek to inspire youth to understand the importance of charity and kindness in their lives, their homes, their schools, and their communities. We strive to leave a lasting impression that shines a bright light along their path, and that they may continue to grow into respectful, responsible and caring young adults.